Sunday

Women and glasses.

Maybe it’s me but I like women with glasses.

I haven’t worn (or needed) glasses until quite recently and truthfully, I never really gave it much thought. Now that I need them to read mousetype, well I guess it becomes more of an issue.

Certainly it was never an instance of something that would put me off of someone.

In other words, whether a woman wore glasses or not, if I found her attractive I really didn’t care.

I’ll even go one step further… glasses are sexy!

So, all you ladies out there who somehow think having glasses is a detriment really should rethink that stance.

The best way I can illustrate this to you is by using the example of an old TV show.

Back in the dark times, the olden days there was this show WKRP that used to run on CBS (I think on Monday nights). It wasn’t a big deal. It wasn’t the kind of show that everyone would watch but there was something about it that I liked.

It had a decent cast, a bunch of character actors who would pop up through the years – I’m thinking of Gordon Jump, Howard Hesseman and Tim Reid but. The thing I think most people would remember about the show was the fact that it was the vehicle through which Loni Anderson blazed a trail into celebrity.

There were two women regulars on the show; Loni Anderson as Jennifer Marlowe and Jan Smithers as Bailey Quarters.

Loni Anderson was blonde, with the big smile and the killer bod but, there was something about Jan Smithers.

Even with Loni Anderson in the show there was no denying the incredible cuteness, the beauty, the sexiness of Pam Smithers.

I think men of the day got divided into two camps.

There were the guys who would just be blown away by Jennifer Marlowe but, I think there were an even bigger number of men who just were in love with Bailey Quarters. Bailey was the girl you could spend a weekend with, and even those frames couldn’t hide those great eyes of hers… you could lose yourself in those eyes.

Glasses?

They didn’t make the slightest difference.

If anything they made her look even sexier!

So, the next time you curse poor eyesight… well, all I’m saying is don’t knock glasses because they can be as good an accessory as anything else that can be used to attract a man. (1865 Views pre transfer)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee cute

don't know any of the actresses you're talking about but i like a man who likes a woman who wears glasses thanks for being our advocate

Anonymous said...

Very, very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

How about glasses AND curly hair? Hunh? Hunh?

PJ said...

Even better! :)

Anonymous said...

I love my glasses- I was so tickled when I finally got them. The frames are awesome in color and shape and I think they make me look smarter. Nice to know there are guys who dig 'em, too!

But really, pj, yer crackin' me up with the Loni/Jan thing. Though I was torn between Dr. Johnny Fever and Andy Travis....

Anonymous said...

I loved WKRP. "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

And, yeah, I'm more ok with my being a four-eyes than when I was a youngster.

Anonymous said...

when i was 25, my then bf LOVED the fact that i wore glasses. as he used to tell his friends, "when those come off, you know what time it is".