Thursday

Where are the orgies I keep hearing about?!?!

I got an email from another member today that was interesting. I won’t disclose their name but I will present a portion of it:

I'm also sorry to say I was very new to this a few weeks ago and hadn't yet discovered the "play" option - I have since updated my profile to clarify that I'm probably not a good match for someone who is also looking for that. I don't mean to sound judgmental (consenting adults and all that) - I just know that I would not be comfortable dating someone who indicated that he was interested in that.

Wow!

I mean, really... WOW!

In one sentence by means of a simple word I have been consigned to world of lurid sexual encouters with absolute strangers!

I wish! :)

Would that it were life was so infiinitely exciting. I don’t think I’ve ever lived in such a place but, it’s amazing to me that someone presupposes I do, based entirely around the fact I say that I am open to play in my profile.

It’s not that casual sex isn’t appealing, just that it never has seemed to be in the offing.

As I understood things though ‘play’ as it were could mena just getting together with someone to do something, go somewhere. Nothing at all sexual in the slightest.

When I meet someone, while I do guage whether or not I’m attracted to them in that manner, I don’t assume we are immediately going to swap bodily fluids.

Am I the exception or is there something I’m missing out on here? (1491 Views pre transfer)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Play means no strings attached sex, here.

Friend of mine had an embarrassing wake up call on a date, because he had play selected on his profile.

Anonymous said...

I list Play...
I DON'T list Activity Partner.
I'm not here for bowling...or golf...or OffTopicStuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying that, Lya! I never understood the "play" option. If I ever mused over it, I thought it must be an American thing, Americans having the reputation of being childish. I am glad it is not something big Daddy and Mommy do on the playground to each other (although now that I think about it... I used to play 'doctors' with my American boyfriend - heh - it was fun