Thursday

Days like mileposts.

I hadn’t gotten much of a chance of late to update this thing. I find the blog is more of a way to pose questions to all those other lost souls out there seeking companionship.

I just took an overnight roadtrip to Pittsburgh, visited an old friend and took in a baseball game with her.

I remember in the movie When Harry Met Sally, Harry observes that men and women can’t be friends because the sex thing is always in the air. Maybe not for women so much as it is for men? I’m not sure but, here I am with a friend who I’ve had for 20 plus years and she’s a very beautiful woman.

I can have this wonderful friendship and while it doesn’t mean I’m not attracted to her, it’s something that can go on the back burner.

I’m mystified by women.

Maybe that’s overstating it a little but, I continually manage to be surprised by women.

The dating thing is an interesting conundrum. As a guy, I wish there was some one size fits all kind of approach I could take to the whole thing. It’s not so much about laziness as much as avoiding uncomfortable moments.

I absolutely hate uncomfortable moments.

I come to realize though that my gender has none of the mastery of nuance and subtlety that the female of the species has. This seems to cause no end of problems, not just for me but also for people the world over.

Ladies, don’t ever expect men to take a hint.

Men don’t do hints... really.

I hear frustrated stories from women about men they’re interested in and the fact that the guys in question aren’t picking up on that or inversely about men who women have absolutely no desire for making an absolute pest of themselves.

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad. People wanting something but unable just to say what it is they want and having these uncomfortable moments.

God! I hate that. (1370 Views pre transfer)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it gets worse the older you get...women are less likely to want to deal with men's needs to always be told what to do, especially when they know exactly what to do for men..its easier for women to just take care of themselves.

PJ said...

I think you may be right!