Friday

NOVEMBER 5!

So, November 5th will be a very eventful day.

November 5th I will be getting my long, long hair cut finally.

Off with my hair!

A ponytail will go out to Locks of Love. No longer will I have the need for those bandy things anymore, showers should take considerably less time as well.

A great weight will have been lifted from my shoulders!

Oh, I think we’ll also know who is going to be our next President by then too.

The important thing for me though is getting my first haircut in little over two years.

Amazing!

Between now and next Wednesday I have to at least take some pictures of myself with the unruly mop of hair exploding out like it can. If only to remember it.

I’m not sure if I’ll be growing my hair long again. Never say never but, I’m not entirely sure if the long hair thing works so well for guys my age.

I don’t even fathom what does work for guys my age but certainly the long hair isn’t it. If anything I probably should be going in the opposite direction because the one thing you don’t have to worry about, as you get older is hair.

Hair grows just about everywhere the older you get.

Not in places you want it to, but boy does it sure grow!

I’m not a hirsute kind of guy; still I’m always aware of all the weird bad things that happen to guys, as we get older. It’s like our bodies are old driveways and weeds keep springing up. If we’re not careful, we get overrun by the damn things.

Women don’t mention it to men but it doesn’t mean they don’t notice either.

I’m talking about things like the slight bush growing out of your ears, or the dandelion of nose hair or even the one wild thick strand going awry from your eyebrow. You’ve got to stay on top of that stuff.

I was out with someone recently and she was relaying how she had been out with a man whose eyebrow looked like a caterpillar doing a dance across his forehead. Needless to say there wasn’t a second date, it just doesn’t work unless a gal is an entomologist.

Well, all I know is I’m cleaning up my act. I’m sure any potential companions will greatly appreciate the effort. :) (1274 Views pre transfer)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see a sign somewhere, " long haired freaky people need not apply?"

Just for the record, I think long hair is great, no matter the age.

The stuff growing out of your ears and nose and those rogue eyebrows... uhhh yeah women do notice and wish men would groom.

I have long hair (locs that reach the middle of my back) and have thought about cutting it for the past three years.

PJ do I hear the soft strains of metrosexual playing? :)

Anonymous said...

I let my hair grow almost to my waist a long lime ago, Pi. My friends had a haircut party for me. My new do was Sharon Stone short. Without my hair, I felt like an Alkaselzer tablet. I felt like my thoughts were fizzing out of my head. The strangeness lasts for about three days.

PJ said...

Rhonda - didn’t see any sign per se. I just figure it’s time.

Not so much about being metrosexual as much as it is about being considerate.

I had a friend whose septum hangs low and he would walk around with this little bush growing out of his nostrils. Sort of matched the shrubbery growing in his ears. One year I got him one of those groomer sets (if your friends won’t tell you something, how will you know) and really... it didn’t make a difference ’cause he never used it.

(he did however start dying his hair when I told him about a friend of mine who did it as well)

IQ - Yeah, normally I would keep it for the winter because it does make a bit of a difference. I’m just tired of all the maintenance though and looking to simplify matters. :)